Satisfaction Guarenteed

My joy comes from the Lord.

"...yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3:18

May 16
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him."
John Piper
How many promotional product tag lines include the phrase "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?"  Can't say that I've ever been disappointed about hanging out in the Bible and wanted to renege on my walk with Jesus. God's Word satisfies.

There is a praise song which has the chorus line…My joy comes from the Lord.  Again and again God has to refresh my mind to this truth.  My joy can’t be in how my husband makes me feel, the affirmation I get from other people, the laughter that comes from the grandchildren or the faithfulness of a pet like Moses.  My constant is my Creator and the relationship He created me to have with Him.  A relationship with a guarantee to satisfy throughout eternity.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?