Shark Tank

May 8
My husband says I would never make it as a college football coach's wife. The daily message board thrashing and cheers, which can quickly turn to jeers, from the stands would crush my heart in no time. He's right!

Recently, a dear friend we'd been counseling suggested a full time ministry project for my husband and I to consider.  Shaking my head,  she inquired, "Why?" I simply baulked like a chicken.  Wait?  That sounds like some of the disciples, who loved Jesus dearly, but couldn't take the heat.  I get it!

I felt like I'd been dropped in a dry and weary land and was no longer cut out for ministry. When Jesus has victory in someone's life whom we are helping here at Shiloh, the devil darts start flying and targeting people I love or our health.  Right now I find myself waving the white flag and saying like on the Shark Tank show, "I'm out." I can't be in the midst of these ferocious battles any more Lord. Count me out.

One day last week, I was oh so low. Not able to sleep fearing the pain in my heart would bring about another stroke. I cried out to God, "Take me home, but please don't let me have another stroke."
Obviously, I'm still here.  My mind wandered back and forth as to who I could call to come over and literally fall on their face with me in prayer. Sometimes we are too weary to even call out for help.  Not knowing how to even get out of bed, I opened the She Reads Truth email for the day and Psalm 124 reminded...My help comes from the Lord.

Next I clicked on Biblegateway for the day. Are you kidding me?  
"Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7
Could God speak anymore clearly? Oh, yes, He had more to say. I'll share that for tomorrow.

God's Word is a soothing balm. Walking with Jesus is not for the faint of heart.  It takes faith, for the battle in the spiritual realm is real and cruel.  God knows my heart, so he knows there are days I don't want to play anymore and want to say, "I'm out!"






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?