The Wrong Turn Was the Right Choice

May 12 
A girlfriend accompanied me to Low Moor, VA to visit an assisted living facility where the lady who raised me is now living.  This precious woman was celebrating 88 years of life and probably close to that many years of loving Jesus.  While she is frisky as ever, dementia is robbing her memory. Every time I leave her the tears well up and my heart tugs so hard.  I love her deeply.

When we departed, I was trying to hold it together and busily sharing stories about life with my girlfriend and I totally missed our exit.  This friend is the Queen of Apps and a master of phone technology. Immediately she had her phone GPS rerouting us.  Back into the mountains we went. The landscape was gorgeous.  Rounding a curve, coming over a mountain, we were both speechless at the view before us. I said, "I've got to pull over."

Being raised in the mountains, I find them to be a sanctuary.  
This was such a gift from God.  He knew my heart was hurting.

As we continued to stare and take in the beauty of this area,  I said, 
"Why is there an enormous wind sock over there?"
My car co-pilot said, "Look there is a plane!"
Driving a little further we saw the grass runway!

Thelma and Louise probably would have knocked on the door of the house and asked for a ride.
Next time!

The wrong turn we took, turned into such a blessing. I'm not sure we could ever find our way back, but we'd certainly like to.

Keep your eyes open!  God can work with us and make a wrong turn become a blessing!

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit  have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:5-6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?