God My Help

4th of July Cupcakes in matching aprons.
Love this little helper.
July 25
To the majority of the grands I am "Mama Boo", but this little one calls me Mommy Boo Boo!
I call her a lump of love!  She's such a little helper.

Who do you call God?

This summer I've been working through Tony Evan's book Praying Through the Names of God.
Not only is it an excellent resource for learning 85 names of God, but it is a powerful prayer tool training us to pray based on the acronym ACTS:
adoration
confession
thanksgiving
supplication

Here's a little taste of one of the entries.  Elohim Ozer Li-God My Help.
"Surely God is my help (Elohim Ozer Li); the Lord is the one who sustains me. Psalm 54:4

Adoration: "When I am in need, you are there.  When I am alone, you are near. When I don't know my way, you guide me or come alongside me to walk with me as  I find it...You provide me with all I need to carry out the purpose for which you have place me on earth.

Confession: Elohim Ozer Li, please pardon me or the heart I entertain when I don't know how to get through a trial or a struggle.  Fear wells up in me as a natural emotion, but I confess I don't quickly chase it away with the truth of your character or with the truth of your Word as I should. Please have mercy on me for not expecting your help, but rather having to be reminded that you are truly there."

Thanksgiving: "Thank You for your goodness to me and for your help, which is from beginning to end.  You don't take a vacation from my life.  You don't rest when I'm sleeping.  You don't leave me to my own devices, but you are there when I call on you for help. And even when I don't call on you, out of your great mercy and compassion you help me then as well.  Thank you for your goodness and the greatness you offer me through the blessing of your help and sustaining power."

Supplication: "Elohim Ozer Li, I ask for your help. Many things are weighing me down, but you know the one most pressing issue facing me today, and I ask you to intervene.  Please guard me from responding to this situation inappropriately.  Guard me from turning to my ways and  human wisdom.  Show me your hand as a reminder that you are near and that you are my sustaining help.  do help me this very day.  Elohim Ozer Li, for I depend on you in every way."


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?