Start the Day with a Smile


July 5

Attitude-“our mental and emotional response to the circumstances of life.”  Linda Dillow

Chuck Swindoll writes in Strengthening My Grip: “Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it.  This may shock you, but I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day to day basis is my choice of attitude.”

Here are some "states of mind" which aide in our attitudes being ones of contentment.

We should ask ourselves...Am I grateful for all God has done, confident in who I am in Christ and filled with humility?

Gratitude-“the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.”
When we have an attitude of gratitude life looks a lot better!  Recently, I read about the importance of lingering longer in our thanksgiving.  Often we pray and pray, then finally get an answer and give a quick “thank You, God” as we pull out our long list of requests once more. 

Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:6-7

Confidence- “firm trust; the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something.”
Think about who we believe God to be and the reality that He has designed us to seek Him.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need," Hebrews 4:16

Humility “A modest or low view of one’s own importance.” 

God is greater!

“…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?