A Fallen World

My stomach muscles are sore from laughing at this little one all weekend!

His smile brings joy and brightens the day!

November 2
Sunday night our church small group was breaking bread together around our table and sharing prayer requests.  I had noticed one of the ladies had her arm across her chest in an unusual manner and inquired if she was alright.  She sheepishly confessed she had fallen and injured her hand, which was quite painful.  When you get our ages you don't want people (especially your children) knowing you've fallen! I told her not to be embarrassed and shared about a fall I had taken that same week.  Well, that opened the flood gates! Five of us confessed to falls!  Even my own husband, who had not let me know about some tumbles.

Like our three year old grandson above, my husband is a joy bringer!  As he closed out our group's prayer time he began..."Father, we know we live in a FALLEN world..."

Let's hold tightly to God's Word and gather its' wisdom.

"Don't love the world's ways.  Don't love the world's goods.  Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world-wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important-has nothing to do with the Father.  It just isolates you from him.  The world and all its wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out-but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity."  1 John 2:15-17 



November Gratitude #2
I'm thankful for a husband (who hates to paint) who has helped me paint two bedrooms the past 3 days!  I'm thankful God has sustained me from these stroke issues to the point I can drive to Charlottesville today and pick up two grandsons.  I’m thankful for a faith that can flourish even in the hardest of times, because it is founded on what Jesus has done and looks toward what is to come. Amazing!

Revive Our Hearts Prayer Today:

God, You are the source of light and life and all joy—show me who You are and open my eyes to see You rightly. Overwhelm my heart with Your power, goodness, love, and glory, that my heart would default to praising You in every moment. Thank You!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?