Be Givers


November 21
There is great joy in giving. Secret giving is fun as well.  Years ago a family snuck onto our property and left a gift each night for the 12 Days of Christmas. It drove us crazy with delight.  It became a tradition for our family to pick someone each year and pull the same pleasing prank.

For years, each Christmas season, I've selected a worker at our grocery store to slip a $20 gift to along with a note of appreciation for how hard and faithfully they work. It's so much fun!
This year I'm hoping to have the opportunity with some of our grandchildren to watch them be creative givers.

Jesus set the bar high, by giving His life for our sins. May each of you find great joy in giving!

“In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive'” (Acts 20:35).
But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? (1 John 3:17).
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver (2 Cor. 9:7).

November Gratitude
Revive Our Hearts gave a challenge yesterday to focus gratitude on your immediate family and make a list of a quality you are thankful for related to each individual. You may want to share that acknowledgement with them this week!

Pray:
"Heavenly Father, I choose to thank You for each member of my family and for how they enrich my life.  Help me to express thanks to them and grow in patience toward them.  Cultivate in me a heart of praise and grace for those who know me best and see me most.  Thank You!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?