Forgo the Gifts-Get Together

This is our oldest grandchild. He turned nine this month!
Wish I could see him everyday!


November 30

Passing through a town where one of my besties works, I called to see if she could take a lunch break and meet for a quick bite.  It was probably the only time we'd see each other before Christmas.  I told her I decided instead of a gift this year I wanted to foot the hotel bill for us to take a couple nights away this winter.  She said, "That's a great idea, we do not need anymore stuff,  we need the time to be together."

Time and prayer are two of the greatest gifts we have to give away.  Isn't it interesting how the seasons of life change your perspective on what is important.  

This holiday season has the ability to conjure up a deep loneliness and longing for many people.  Oh, what I've give to be able to go sit and visit with my nephew, my brother, my parents and grandparents once again.  When our longings creep in let's commit to look outward and see those who need a simple hand on a shoulder or a table to break bread with a friendly face.  Maybe God is calling us to have a "Get Together."

"They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."  Acts 2:42

November Gratitude
Heavenly Father, You are always with us!  Thank You that because of our relationship with You we never walk alone.  Help us to fine tune that relationship and find joy in the simplicity of being with You.  Fill us with You Holy Spirit and direct our paths to be encouragers to others and to offer up not only hospitality, but the gift of salvation available through Christ.  He is the reason for the season. And it's in His name we pray, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?