To Be...In "Follow"ship

My GRITS sisters. Girls Raised in the South! Great examples to follow.

This little helper at Shiloh following his dad's lead.

April 25
A wonderful older woman in my Bible Study Fellowship class approached me after class. She is a woman of deep thoughts and full of wisdom, so I listen intently when she speaks. She said, "Boo, you have such a great time ahead of you as a grandmother and hopefully great-grandmother. Enjoy every moment.  Remember there is much to be learned in suffering." She had my attention for certain with that statement.  She continued, "I've gone through much suffering and am in a time right now.  For most of my life I've been in leadership, but now God has called me to fellowship and it is difficult."

My friend, who died recently of leukemia, had said the same thing to me. She was attending Bible studies here at my home and said, "I used to be a leader. Now that I am older and not able to do that I feel like I am not as valuable.  It's a struggle."  My heart tugged.

My response to both of these women was to the enormous depth of value their lives held and the wisdom they were imparting to others was a treasure.  Over and over again I keep hearing God say, "Be a Titus 2 woman whatever age you are and recognize the importance of teaching and influencing younger women whenever you can.

We are all called to followship!  Followship to Christ!  Where He leads we are to follow! 

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27

"And He was saying to them all, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.'" Luke 9:23

Oh, if I never had to clean house, pull weeds, cooks meals and could just hang out with Jesus and his peeps!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?