To Be...In the Know of the Desires of Your Heart



April 15
I don't usually post on Sundays, but it has been one of those "Jumping Jupiter Jesus is right here!" moments.  While reading a scripture card a friend had given me..."Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4...I journaled, "Father, I don't know what my desires are, but your word for me today is ACTION. I gather it is time to move forward with a ministry opportunity you've had on my heart for fifteen months." Increase my faith!

Opening Mark Batterson's Draw the Circle devotional book to this morning's reading, the moment clearly continued. God had my attention.  The day's title "SPELL IT OUT." The verse:
"What do you want me to do for you?" Matthew 20:32

God was speaking straight out to me through Batterson's words.  He related the story where Jesus and the disciples were stopped by two blind men who shouted out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"  The disciples saw this as an inconvenience, but Jesus stopped and asked them what they wanted, although He knew their need.
"Jesus made them verbalize it. He made them spell out exactly what they wanted Him to do."

Batterson goes on to share that most of us can't spell out the "promises, miracles, and dreams" God has put in our hearts. "Many of us don't get what we want simply because we don't know what we want...The more faith we have, the more specific our prayers will be. And the more specific our prayers are, the more glory God receives. If our prayers aren't specific, however, God gets robbed of the glory."

Oh, my!  It's time for me to take ACTION on my knees. In my heart I say I want what God wants for/with my life, yet I've been dragging my feet from going forward with what He has been calling me to.

Pray for me to KNOW and GO forward.  No turning back, no turning back. Pray for my faith to be enormous!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?