To Be...Living Abundantly


These two are living the abundant lake life this summer.


July  20
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; 
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."  
John 10:10
I feel that a bit of summer "life" has been stolen from me with this broken ankle. There is so much I cannot do.  I'm only a week into this recovery, but I've realized I must not dwell on what has been taken from me, but on what I can still offer others.  It is possible to live abundantly with a broken ankle! (Just not in the water.) I'm so thankful to have family here enjoying Shiloh and keeping me company as my favorite days of summer tick away.

In this particular passage Jesus is pointing out to the Pharisees that they are thieves, tools of the devil, teaching false doctrine by putting "salvation" requirements on people.  Rather than bringing life, they bring death.

What is the thief trying to steal from you?  Peace, confidence, security, relationships, your time with the Lord?

Knowing Truth, living for Jesus brings abundant life!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?