To Be...Right

Thankful for friends who have shared their vehicles with me these last weeks!

July 31
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  Romans 12:12

Oh, Lord, I'm trying to be patient as this ankle heals.  I allowed my feathers to be ruffled the other day and really had to bite my tongue and seek You.

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate and the hope of salvation as a helmet." 1 Thessalonians 5:8

The other day I was greatly offended by an employee in relation to me needing help getting into a facility. My first response was to call her manager, the second to call the owner, the third to air my grievance to my friends who also frequent this place.
Instead I prayed  and remembered a reprimand or response from me could be a stumbling block and hinder any opportunity of me ever sharing the gospel with her.  My reaction to her reflected my human nature and "right to be right" issue that was seething out of me. As I prayed the song from the movie "Frozen" came to mind..."Let it go!" It's not about me! How many times was Jesus offended?

The right thing to do was to pray for that person and ask God to change my heart.

That led me to remembering not one of us is righteous.
"For by grace you are saved through faith...that not of yourself."  Ephesians 2:8

There is absolutely nothing we do to get saved.  Our salvation is a gift!
God manifested his righteousness by the appearing of Jesus and our righteousness comes through faith in Christ.  The righteousness that can make us right with God is authored by God and comes from our perfect God.
   

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?