To Be....A Praying Grandparent #3



September 12

"I am sure that nothing can separate us from God’s love—not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God’s love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!" Romans 8:38-39

"Lord, pour out Your love on my grandchildren. I pray that my grandchildren will know You well and have hearts that are filled with Your love, peace and joy so they will live peaceful lives.  Help them "to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge" so they they will experience the fullness of all that You are, and all that You have or them.  (Ephesians 3:19)  Open their hearts to trust that nothing can separate the from Your Love.."  Stormie Omartian

Yesterday, our six year old grandson asked me that zinger of a question..."If you have to have Jesus in your heart to go to heaven, where do the people go who don't love Jesus?"  He literally shivered and jumped in my lap when I explained to him the alternative.  He said, "Everybody needs to have Jesus in their hearts!!!!"  Then we talked about how nobody can take God's love away from us.

We had a great chat about how they could love me because their mommy said they had to, but it would mean a lot more to me if they loved me simply because they chose in their hearts to love me.
We then equated that to how God has given us free will to choose whether we love Jesus or not, because He want us to love Him because we really do in our own hearts.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?