To Be...Holding On

My favorite thing about this photo of us leaving the church is the double hand hold
my man has on me.  I thank God he has never let me go.
I have loved hanging onto his arm all these years.  Now it is literally for stability!

This one is out in the garden of the hospital rehab in Nashville where I had the stroke.
We laugh because I look at this one and say, "You really loved me that day."

I do cherish his embrace and going gray together.

September 22-23
It would be remiss of me to not make a post in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend.  I started to title this entry "To Be...In Love."  Then I realized what I love about all these photos is the hold this man has on me.  It's called commitment and I thank God for it.

As my bridegroom, my husband would give his life for me (on most days). He works hard to provide a place for me to live and so far he has never left me or forsaken me. I hope I go to heaven first.  There are things he cannot do though, that Jesus has done.

As believers we are holding onto the promises of God.  Jesus Christ is our bridegroom!  He has promised to those of us who have faith Christ that we will have eternal life and never really die; promised that here on earth and later in heaven he will never leave us or forsake us; Jesus has gone ahead of us and prepare an eternal home for us.

"God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die."  John 3:16

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5

"There are many rooms in my Father's house.  I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true.  I am going there to prepare a place for each of you."  John 14:2






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?