To Be...Dwelling

More lights in our dwelling place.




December 8-9
I'm so hoping to be dwelling in inches and inches of snow Sunday afternoon! (Got so caught up in 18 inches of snow I forgot to post this!)
I love the quiet stillness of a snow fall.  We have three little boys here who may break the silence!

You know when you are reading scripture and that one word grabs you and sends you back to reread the passage?  It happened to me in Ephesians 3:16.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being."  That prayer was sufficient encouragement.  An "I'll take that God, moment."  I kept reading though and found the purpose.  It's not for me to be strong and survive all that life throws at us.

Here's the purpose:

"...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."

The little word that stopped me was dwell.  "To think, speak, or write at length about."

For God knows that when Christ is dwelling in us, we are new creations.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
2 Corinthians 5:17

When Christ is dwelling in us, we are available for God's purpose.

It's a gift from God to have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?