It Makes Sense...To Pray These Things

Three generations!
January 29

While traveling,  I asked a friend what I could be praying for her.  Her requests were very wise.
To be sensitive to the Holy Spirit
For wisdom from God
For protection for her church and its staff.
For her children to stay healthy and strong in their faith.


Lord, for this friend I ask that You keep her sensitive to Your Holy Spirit.  She loves Your word and knows Romans 8:13 says, “Only those people who are led by God’s Spirit are his children”  and Galatians 5:25 “God’s Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit.”  Align each of her days in a way in which her heart, mind, and soul are moved, prompted and refreshed by Your Spirit.  On the days that seem bogged down, with confusion trying to seep in, bring Psalm 139:7-10 into her thoughts:
“Where could I go to escape from your Spirit or from your sight?  If I were to climb up to the highest heavens, you would be there.  If I were to dig down to the world of the dead you would also be there. Suppose I had wings like the dawning day and flew across the ocean. Even then your powerful arm would guide and protect me.”

Lord, my dear friend also knows the value of wisdom.  “If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you.  God is generous and won’t correct you for asking.”  James 1:5  “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.”  James 3:17  Oh, Father these are the characteristics of this friend of mine. It’s so obvious she’s been seeking Your wisdom for a long time.  “Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”  James 3:13 For both of us I pray that You would “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”  Psalm 90:12

She also cries out on behalf of her church, its staff and the faith of her sons. Please protect them all for the enemy is on the prowl wanting to bring destruction to Your people, God.
Remind them often…”Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6  

Bless them all with good health.
“The Lord can be trusted to make you strong and protect you from harm.”  
2 Thessalonians 3:3

There will be temptations…”You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted.  But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted too much, and he will show you how to escape from your temptations.”  1 Corinthians 10:13

There will be trials but keep Isaiah 41:10 as a remembrance to these people:  “Don’t be afraid. I am with you. Don’t tremble with fear. I am your God.  I will make you strong, as I protect you with my arm and give your victories.

May sound judgement and good sense watch over these people today.  Proverbs 2:11

As this woman watches her precious children grow and go may she keep Your words in John 10:28-30 in her heart…
“and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand.  My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others. No one can snatch them from his hands, and I am one with the Father.”

Lord, as I was praying for my sister, so loved by You, I was touched by the sincerity of her prayer requests. I pray Psalm 86:4 for her today.
Make her heart glad!  For she serves you and her prayers are sincere.  In Jesus’ name we come to You, again and again.  Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?