Love-Don't Hold Back

Instead of holding onto these pretty handmade heart bookmarks 
I've been giving them away at church.

February 26
While visiting in New Orleans over Christmas, my daughter-in-love and I went into a really artsy boutique. On a sideboard were some fabulous pieces of silver with paper whites growing out of them.  I commented to the owner how unique that idea was. She replied that heirs are not wanting their parents' silver these days and it can be picked up at estate sales and consignment shops for a bargain price, so every Christmas this shop make these arrangements to adorn homes for the holidays.  Who would have every thought of tossing dirt and bulbs in silver bowls and pitchers? At least these heirlooms were being honored. Our Christmas cactus and an amaryllis were uprooted and nestled right into a couple silver plated bowls.

For a long time I've held on to some precious craft materials wanting to be sure I had them on hand if need arises and funds were short or Amazon was not around to order from.  LOL  Then my age hit me one day and I thought...I better let the grands use these up, so they don't dry up or their parents don't have to clean them out when I'm gone.

Is there something you selfishly hold onto?

A little girl was visiting here at Shiloh this fall and said, "I love your house. My grandmother's house is pretty, but she doesn't let us play in it because she doesn't want it to get dirty or things to get broken."  My hand went to my heart thinking of what that grandmother was missing out on.

Is there something God is calling you to that requires letting go of a person, a place, a habit, an item that you cherish?  Maybe fear of an unknown or the inability to forgive another is holding you back from a blessing God wants to see given.

John had a vision in Revelation 4:10-1.  The twenty-four elders placed their crowns in front of the throne and said,  "Our Lord and God, you are worth to receive glory, honor, and power.  You created all things, and by your decision they are and were created."

If we really "get" the picture of what has been done for us, if we can comprehend the out pouring of God's forgiveness, we won't be holding things back from the One who has given us everything!
The overwhelming love we have received from Jesus should cause us to not hold back, but fall at His feet and serve and give His love away to others.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?