We Are Chosen and a Part of Christ.

"...and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head
and put a reed in his right hand. And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying,
'Hail, King of the Jews!'"
Matthew 27:29
April 18
Oh, how I hate this part of The Story.  Is it because my heartaches to see anyone suffer or because
I know deep down inside it is my sin that placed Jesus on the cross? He suffered and died for me.
Does the way I live my life reflect the depth of my appreciation for that undeserved gift?

Jesus, the Prince of Peace, yet He died in such a violent manner.

Colossians 3:15 is a reminder of who we are..."Part of the Body of Christ."  Whenever I've used that term it was referencing the church. Reading this passage today it takes on a more personal, intimate persona as I reflect on "Christ in us."

"Each one of you is part of the body of Christ, and you were chosen to live together in peace. So let the peace that comes from Christ control your thoughts. And be grateful."

Whew! "Chosen" Such a powerful, encompassing word.

"But you are God's chosen and special people.  You are a group of royal priests and a holy nation. God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Now you must tell all the wonderful things he has done."  1 Peter 2:9

Jesus came not just for the Jews, but Gentiles alike.

"There is only one God, and he accepts Gentiles as well as Jews, simply because of their faith."
Romans 3:30

Here's our "Go forth" verse for today:

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

May today be a day, lived in a fashion, where the Holy Spirit is thankful He resides in us.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?