Love



So, the crazy bluebird was banging away on my window while our precious grandson was engaging in my devotional time with me.  This particular day he was learning to use Biblegateway and chose the word "love" to search. So many verses came up that he decided to narrow his search with "love your neighbor."
Reading the first verse he said, "What? 'Hate your enemies.'" I replied, "Read on."


"You have heard people say, 'Love your neighbors and hate your enemies.' But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you. Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong. If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for that? Even tax collectors love their friends. If you greet only your friends, what’s so great about that? Don’t even unbelievers do that? But you must always act like your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:43-48
The day before this we had been at a swimming pool and a pool bully came along and knocked a stack of inner tubes over that our grandson was playing with.  It hurt his heart and he recoiled to a lounge chair with me telling me what had happened. My response was "Let's pray for what is going on in his heart to make him so mean."  It was such a God thing to see God draw him to this verse the very next day.

Oh, sweet friends, when we draw near to God he speaks and teaches us.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?