No Offense-Prepare for Battle

It's a joy to watch how these cousins are learning to love one another
and to recognize the "Devil Darts" that come our way.
Paul teaches us...
“Let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this-not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way.” Romans 14:13

The timing was perfect as I turned the page and read one of Priscilla Shirer's devotionals from her book Awaken.  I was in a setting where I was prone to judge and I found it spiritually therapeutic to personalize one of her thoughts.


"Through my human bent toward unrighteousness and my antagonism to God’s ways, I’ve given the Devil plenty of ammunition to launch a judgement attack against me for all my sin.
But my kind, kind Father 'made Him who knew no sin to be sin on my behalf, so that I might become the righteousness of God in Him.'”  (2 Corinthians 5:21)

“There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1  

Priscillas writes:
“Hallelujah there’s nothing left to judge here. And since the enemy can’t judge us, he wants to turn us into judges…..
Togetherness is one of the main things he wants to assault. He wants us isolated. He wants us on our own. He doesn’t want us to recognize the power of being part of the body, part of the family of God."
Shirer authors a fabulous story in this book about the “flaming arrow” tactic in battle.  “Those little flashes of trouble that needed putting out would keep the army too busy to fight back or hold their ground.  When we break ranks with our fellow “soldiers” through our little side squabbles and quarrels, we take the church off mission and off vision-precisely what the Enemy wants.  The line of defense against him is weakened and he can infiltrate more easily.  We can’t let him trick us that way.  We must stay united, committed to each other, defending each other, rather than creating separation that only exposes us all to more attack.”

Accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God,”  Romans 15:7

Where are you gathering this week that the tendency to judge could seep in?
You know, the place where there is a tendency to be critical, think the worst, hold grudges, and take offenses.  The place were the Devil is launching an assault against togetherness.

I'm asking the Holy Spirit to remind me of the armor available to keep the devil darts away, so there will not be a weakness on the front line of my heart.  I want to be quick to call upon prayer to make it more difficult for the enemy to infiltrate my heart.

Priscilla has a charge for us in this writing: "We must stay united, committed to each other, defending each other, rather than creating separation that only exposes us all to more attack! "Amen!

Let's call on Jesus and prepare ourselves for battle!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?