Worn to a Frazzle

 
Lake life will do this to you!

I could share some grown up shots as well.

There have been times I've wondered why God created us to need rest.  Likewise, with the chore that grocery shopping and food preparation can be I've wondered about the necessity of eating. Both of these activities require us to stop and be replenished by a heavenly Father who loves us and is the Master of Restoration and a God who desires relationship.  These often only occurs when we slow down.

My guess is either you or someone you know can be encouraged today by these verses related to exhaustion. You know, the times we are worn to a frazzle physically or emotionally.

"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish."  Jeremiah 31:25

"He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength."  Isaiah 40:28-29 

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31  


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my  yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-29

My heart goes out to many patients and care givers who are exhausted from hospitalizations, rehab centers, Alzheimers' care, nursing homes and cancer treatments.

"Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."  Mark 6:31

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8

"The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."  Exodus 33:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?