Love Having "Weird Friends"

The best ending to a boat ride is running into the Ice Cream Boat

Yesterday, I wrote about devil darts and recognizing the battle and putting on our armor in preparation for attacks. I asked permission from a long time friend to share what she emailed me the other day.

"That’s why you must encourage and help each other, just as you are already doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11
"At the risk of you thinking I am extremely strange 😂, I wanted to share something personal.

An interesting thing has happened in my daily thoughts/walk thanks to you Boo.  I started years ago thinking that everywhere I go, I am always kind of looking around to find a cross (as in my mind my focus is that I'm always "clinging to the cross").  So, if I'm in a medical office with our daughter, on a business conference call, in a Bible Study 😘 (wasn't hard to find one at your house), etc.,  I'll just quietly look around and find crosses....in the wallpaper, window panes, floor tile, pictures, etc.- whatever -whenever, and I can usually mentally find a lot 🙂.   Well, during the summer Bible study I kept hearing you talk about devil darts- hadn't heard that terminology before.  So now, whenever I have a negative issue or thought, I picture myself using that cross almost like a baseball bat (hope that doesn't sound disrespectful), and slamming the "devil darts" - like a home run-  off and away.    Hope you don't think I'm weird!!"

Isn't that awesome!  Jesus is the devil defeater!  He can knock every dart that comes our way, out of here, and work it for good.

How blessed we are to have "weird" friends.  Ya, know. those who are members of the NFL.
(Nuts for the Lord)


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?