Spirit Lead Me- Worship Day 4

When the Lord calls you to a dunking booth you obey!

Day 4 Worship Through Obedience

The richness of God's Word can be better than a summer breeze.  I was on my screened porch studying this lesson and a couple grandsons came out and I said, "Would y'all let me just be here alone with Jesus for ten more minutes? It's so wonderful."  One grandson said, "Where is Jesus? Show me!"  Then my daughter came out and reminded me I needed to be at church in 20 minutes.  Sometimes it can be hard to pull away from His presence.

The passages for this particular lesson were: Daniel 6:1-24, Colossians 3:17, Psalm 19:7-14,
Micah 6:8

Psalm 19 is a whole lesson in itself that I can't wait to dig into later today and Colossians 3:17 is what I am choosing to memorize this week.

The story of Daniel in chapter 6 and how he landed in the lion's den is an amazing story.  These were some major take aways for me.
1)"Daniel distinguished himself above the administration and satraps because he had an extraordinary spirit...for he was trustworthy, and no negligence or corruption was found in him."
Verses 3-4
That same extraordinary Holy Spirit is available to me as a believer in Christ. Do others see that in me?  Do I call upon that power and accept God's call to be set apart and quick to obey?

2)Oh how I long to be transformed into a person who is trustworthy, and not negligent or corrupt.
   A person of steadfast obedience to the God he loves and believes in.

3)Daniel prayed often.  How often do I pray?

4) The king in this story liked Daniel and had a heart set on rescuing him from the men who intended to destroy him. This king fasted for Daniel.  Who am I crying out for to that depth to be saved?

5) Daniel honored the king, as the authority set over him, through the whole process even though they did not worship the same God.  He fulfilled Micah 6:8

"Mankind, he has told each of you what it good and what it is the Lord requires of you:
to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God."

This caused me to stop and pray: Oh, Lord, transform to be someone with an extraordinary spirit.
Living by the power of the Holy Spirit!  May others see me as trustworthy, with no negligence or corruption.  And as I grow in Your Word I desire to act justly, to love faithfulness and to walk humbly with You, in Jesus' Name.


"Goodness of God" by Bethel Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSuGyJQ6oM

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?