We Miss You Daddy




Sitting pool side, at a resort recently, my heart broke as I listened to a brief conversation between a young girl, probably eight years old, and her father. She said, "We miss you Daddy. We wish you'd move back home."  I silently prayed for that family and for four others whom I know personally who are walking through separation.

Then my mind switched to God gear and I thought...When was the last time I said, "I miss you Abba."

Summer is a wonderful time that is filled with the presence of people I love and lots of new church activity as a pastor's wife, but the long getaways with Jesus have been hard to come by.  Jesus and his apostles experienced this.

"But so many people were coming and going that Jesus and the apostles did not even have a chance to eat. Then Jesus said, "Let's go to a place where we can be alone and get some rest."  Mark 6:31

Let's stop now and simply tell God we miss Him and we have made a place and time for him in our hearts today.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?