Kitchen Doors


Our front door and deck door both open into our kitchen.
Fifteen years ago when a builder was remodeling the house he said, "I really don't think you want people to just walk in your front door and see your kitchen.  We should put a wall up and have an entrance foyer.  I declined the suggestion and said, "I"m not a wall up sort of gal.  It's going to be a really pretty kitchen and I won't even have to stop stirring a pot, I can just say, "Come on in y'all!"

Who are your come in the kitchen door friends? When my sister lived nearby I always came in her kitchen door.  Actually, I don't think I went in the front door of either home she lived in while in VA.
The same thing with my niece, it's either through her garage door, or to the back yard patio door.  With our daughter in VA, it's right through her garage into the kitchen we go.

Thinking back to when our children were young, everyone came in our kitchen door!  In 25 years at that house, I bet ten people didn't ring our front doorbell.  Oh, how I miss people coming in our door these days.

Here are some biblical door thoughts.

One of Jesus' nicknames is "the door".
"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and find pasture." John10:9

Jesus stands and knocks on the door of our hearts.
"Listen!  I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together."  Revelation 3:20

Even from prison, Paul was passionate about the Lord's comment to take the Word to others and his desire was for each of us who would come after him to be filled with a like passion.

"At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison." Colossians 4:3

"Let's knock on some doors and share the Good News."

Today's Promises of God Coloring Page
"Therefore He says, 'Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.'"
Ephesians 5:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?