Honor



The word wouldn’t leave me. Every time I went to pray for our pastor and his family the word honor came to the forefront of my mind. I headed to Biblegateway to see if there was a verse the Lord was drawing me to and accidentally I hit the Merriam Webster site, so I typed in honor and found a long list of definitions.  The last verb definition really caught me…
“To accept as payment.”

Oh my.  When was the last time we acknowledged with an attitude of grateful acceptance the great payment Christ made for our sins?  Many mornings I awaken and thank the Lord for the day ahead, but I don't readily acknowledge my sinful state and "accept" the fact that He has taken care of my sinful heart, which continues to falter, by the death He paid on the cross. Thank You, Jesus.

Honor-"to regard or treat someone with admiration and respect; to give special recognition."

Oh my again.  Do I daily give special recognition to Jesus in my conversations with others?

Some definitions of honor as a noun point to Jesus as well. 
  1. good name or public esteem: reputation
  2. a showing of usually merited respect: recognition
  3. privilege
  4. a person of superior standing
  5. one whose worth brings respect or fame.
May we honor Christ today in all we say, think and pray.

"Everyone who honors your name can trust you, because you are faithful to all who depend on you." Psalm 9:10

"But the Lord watches over all who honor him and trust his kindness." Psalm 33:18

"Honor God by accepting each other, as Christ has accepted you." Romans 15:7

I'm going to print off these verses and stick them on my kitchen counter as a reminder of how I should be living a life that honors Christ.

Today's Coloring Page Promise of God
"Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and mercy with them who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations."  Deuteronomy 7:9


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?