Jesus Doesn't Miss It

A friend encouraged me to bring a smile to people using my bathroom.
This sweet lady was thrilled with her TP gift!  The card says, "You are loved."

There are still 25 rolls of toilet paper, packaged with the Gospel of John in the back of my car. Heading out on a road trip to meet our daughter in law last week the Spirit nudged me to pull across the road and give toilet paper to two men mowing grass at a business establishment. I drove on. There were even three turnaround opportunities immediately before me, but I disobeyed justifying that I was already late.  Within seconds the Spirit said, "You missed it.  Aren't you thankful Jesus never misses it when we call on him to come to us?"

Goodness. I thought about that.  On a Sunday morning if ten people respond to an invitation to ask Jesus into their heart, God is able to to receive all ten.  Think back to Billy Graham crusades where hundreds would come forward responding what they felt the Holy Spirit telling them to do.  God doesn't miss a single one of us when we call to Him.  Yet, that day, I wouldn't be inconvenienced a moment to do what He was asking me to do.

It will be interesting if I see those men again.  That grass will need to be cut again when our week of rain passes.  I could go to that business establishment if it opens up and leave the toilet paper and a note for those men.

A month seldom goes by that I don't encounter someone in a discussion who genuinely is seeking their purpose.  A gentleman told me last week that the best thing for him about the quarantine was the time to take walks and contemplate his purpose in life.

For Christians our purpose in life as Christians is to know God and bring Him glory.


"Whether we live or die, it must be for God, rather than for ourselves." Romans 14:7  

"God’s kingdom isn’t about eating and drinking. It is about pleasing God, about living in peace, and about true happiness. All this comes from the Holy Spirit." Romans 14:17

"...for He delivered us and saved us and called us with a holy calling (a calling that leads to a consecrated life-a life set apart-a life of purpose), not because of our works (or because of any personal merit-we could do nothing to earn this), but because of His own purpose and grace (His amazing, undeserved favor) which was granted to us in Christ Jesus before the world began." 2 Timothy 1:9 AMP


Today's Coloring Page Promise of God
"I will both lie down in peace and sleep; for You, Lord, make me dwell safely and securely."
Psalm 4:8 MEV
 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?