Staying the Course

 


Our 8 year old granddaughter in Minnesota and her pony, Snickers, are loving show life.
Some of our sons and our son in law have joined the ranks of little league coaches in recent years.  It is a challenge to coach a group of youngsters in a sport they have never played and get them to follow through with directions and stay the course.

Confession...I've never stayed the course in a read through the Bible in a Year attempt and probably only once on a diet attempt.

If you want to read a fabulous "stay the course and finish well" story in the Bible check out Daniel 6:1-22.  Daniel's faith and refusal to compromise didn't make him the popular guy among his colleagues, but rather invoked a jealousy that resulted in scheming to get Daniel tossed into the lions' den. I love how in verse 3 it explains that Daniel had "become distinguished above all the other high officials and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him."

Oh dear friends, I pray that we will always be seen as God's children, set apart, with an excellent spirit in us.  

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:3-6

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24



The Song

"He Will Hold Me Fast" Matthew Merker


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0dtwXWQ_M


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?