Steady As We Go

 

In a nightmare, I was high above a ski slope and was trying to cross a grated platform that was filled with revolving, on end, snowboards which were causing me to slip. I had just seen ski gear in our daughters garage that evening and metal racks full of boxes from the move she is in the process of unpacking. I assume this visual is what brought about the dream.  While awake I decided to read some devotionals and Biblegateway and the first verse I read was Psalm 94:18-19.  The Lord had my attention.

When I felt my feet slipping, you came with your love and kept me steady. And when I was burdened with worries, you comforted me and made me feel secure. Psalm 94:18-19


The days we are living in are like none other I have experience. Having a spouse who is in full-time ministry may heighten the magnitude of the realization that spiritual warfare appears to be intensifying in our nation. 


James makes no ifs, ands, or buts...we will experience trials.


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  James 1:2-4


My husband has just been called into a crisis situation in a Christian school requiring him to step in as interim head of school.  No one wants to do this sort of job, but the steadfastness of his faith, the knowledge of God's steadfast love, the aged wisdom the Lord has given him and his recognition of the spiritual battle surrounding this situation have him girded up to answer the call.


Being the supportive wife, I did throw out the option of us pulling a Jonah and running the other way.


You have faith in God, whose power will protect you until the last day.Then he will save you, just as he has always planned to do. On that day you will be glad, even if you have to go through many hard trials for a while.  Your faith will be like gold that has been tested in a fire. And these trials will prove that your faith is worth much more than gold that can be destroyed. They will show that you will be given praise and honor and glory when Jesus Christ returns.    1 Peter 1:5-7 CEV


The Song

"You Are My Strength" Hillsong Worship


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeezo01meFA




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?