Beholding and Becoming More from #8 In Praise of Failure

No one likes to fail, but we all will. Being in the height of football season, which is a favorite season in the Andrews household, my husband reminded our children of what his mother said to his father each time he left the house to coach..."Remember, no one likes a loser."  Whew. Harsh.

Praise the Lord, Jesus came to die for losers. He came to make us all victorious!

Yesterday, I mentioned a painful process I've just gone through related to failure to always use the correct words.  It took me back to chapter 8 in Beholding and Becoming. The topic was being able to praise even in failure because the process of failure makes us better.  Simons lists a challenge to "admit shortcomings, celebrate and be thankful for small successes and give thanks for one that feels like failure."

"Failures and shortcomings remind us that we are not saviors of our own lives. They keep us tethered to the humbling reality that in order to receive the grace of God, we must begin by believing we are in desperate need of it." Ruth Chou Simons.

What shall we say then?  Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?  By no means!  how can we who died to sin still live in it?  Romans 6:1-2

I wrote out a prayer: 

Create in  me a new heart everyday Father and give me a steadfast Spirit that oozes love in all my words and actions. Help me see others as more important than myself and as precious creations of Your's. As Your children, whom I should always treat with respect, lift up, encourage and seek forgiveness from when necessary.  Give me eyes to see others as You do and give me wisdom to speak life giving words, laden with grace to them.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

There is freedom, refreshment and new hope in confessing sin and seeking forgiveness.

The Song

"WayMaker" Leeland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCV_2H9xD0


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?