No Greater Joy

I was caught in the act of reading to our granddaughter.  

Sunday I had the privilege of teaching sixteen four year olds. I told them it thrills my heart to think of the way they are being trained up and the type of parents they will be in 30 years!  Our nation needs them.

We looked at the life of the Prophet Elisha and discussed what an idol was and all agreed that God is to be #1 before our favorite toys, pets and as one child harped in “EVEN PEOPLE”!  We talked about how people can disappoint us, but God never will.

We also discussed that God is the God of miracles like rainbows and babies being born.
We learned how God told Elisha to tell Naaman to dip in the water 7 times to be healed of the spots on his body. Believe me, I know about every boo boo and bee sting those children have had!  

We talked about the importance of hiding God’s Word in our hearts, so that it is always there.

We practiced memorizing this week's verse:  Love the Lord your God. Deuteronomy 6:5 

I promised the class that I would pray for them daily this week and have posted their names on my bathroom mirror.

 3 John 1:4 says:
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 

Do you hold to that same conviction?

Check out what D.A. Carson says in one of his devotionals:

“In a world where many Christians derive their deepest joy from advancement, ease, promotions, financial security, good health, popularity, and a host of other things, it is delightful, not to say challenging, to hear an apostle testify that nothing stirs his joy more than to hear that his children are walking in line with the gospel. That tells us all we need to know of his heart and where we should find our pleasures too.”         

This week I was praying for a friend who has a son getting married this weekend. There will be lots of family gathered and we prayed for the hearts of the young people attending, because one of the first questions asked at gatherings like this is "Where do you work?  Are you married?  Do you have children?"  Whew!  Self-worth can be tested.  When we find our value in who we are as God's child and how our faith is increasing it's a different story. 

I’m praying that every member of your family, dear readers, will be part of an endless line of faith.

The Song
"Only Jesus" Casting Crowns


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?