Access

 

Quite often, before I open my eyes in the morning, God and I have a conversation. The other day it was simply the word access.  I've been struggling with back, hip and knee pain to the point of it being very painful to walk or sleep.  After seeing the chiropractor who can usually get me going, I was discouraged when she suggested I try to get an appointment with an orthopedic.

Reflecting back on past injuries and surgeries I realized my medical records for such health hurdles were with four different health systems who do not always share records with one another.  Fortunately, I learned early to ask for a copy of records/scans/x-rays. 

Meditating on that word took me next to technology and how often we need a code or password to gain access to accounts.

Access as a noun is defined as "a means of approaching or entering a place."

As a verb it means to "obtain, examine, or retrieve."  

Listening to the Lord he reminded me that it is through Jesus we have access to the Father. We are able to approach "the throne of grace"  Ephesians 2:18

In 1871 Charles Spurgeon wrote this about the throne of grace mentioned in Hebrews 4:16

"THESE words are found embedded in that gracious verse, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"; they are a gem in a golden setting. True prayer is an approach of the soul by the Spirit of God to the throne of God. It is not the utterance of words, it is not alone the feeling of desires, but it is the advance of the desires to God, the spiritual approach of our nature towards the Lord our God.

Yup!  We can approach the throne of grace, because Jesus has given us access, he is our heavenly password! 

The Song

"Faithful God" by I am They 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUaS1Y-jyMk


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?