Does God Excite You?

So much courage in this 10 year old Minnesota grandson to play the "Star Spangled Banner" live before a crowd in his school's gymnasium on his electric guitar!


Does God excite you?  When you open His Word or are plugged into a Bible study or devotional and get glimpses of the depth of His love for you do you say out loud "This is amazing!"

One night I had been in the Alicia Britt Chole study called 40 Days of Decrease. I was on Day 15  and was blown away and really desired to share with someone, but it was 10:30 at night. The following morning I knew my husband was in his office preparing for a sermon, so I didn't disturb him. When he walked in our bedroom I said, "Would you please come here and listen to what I read last night? I'm so moved by it I just have to share."  I'd been reading about Jesus' triumphal entry on the colt into Jerusalem to the shouts of "Hosanna!"  The author of the fore mentioned book takes us to these thoughts which I cannot stop thinking about.

"I picture Jesus smiling, looking around at the radiant faces of the masses.  Knowing that the Twelve would soon run for their lives and the masses would soon reject Him, Jesus still stayed fully present for the party.  This quality of Christ strikes me as utterly remarkable. Honestly, I probable would have silenced all expect for the small group of Jesus' faithful followers...In the Triumphal Entry, Jesus permitted the crowd's support, knowing it would soon sour.  Jesus lovingly and fully affirmed Peter's future leadership immediately after prophesying Peter's denial. Jesus still welcomed Judas to the communion table, knowing that betrayal was in his heart....With all our inconsistencies, God does not shrink back from us. In turn, may we seek to never shrink back from God."

Who has wronged us?  Who has disappointed us or betrayed a confidence?

Who are we keeping at more than arms' distance to not be wounded by again?  I have those people and sometimes it is wise to keep them away, but in all cases it is wisest to seek the Lord and ask how we are to love others.        

 If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first... if people mistreat me, they will mistreat you...I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows what is true. The Spirit will help you. John 15:18, 20, 26

God is love, and anyone who doesn't love others has never known him. 1 John 4:8  

The Song

"The Goodness of God"  Jenn Johnson  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0FBb6hnwTo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?