Let's Pray It


The list of friends I have who are confronted by huge health hurdles is way too long.  I took time to compile prayers for a close group of friends and thought I should share these because we all know people who could use a prayer in their pocket! 

Dear Lord, please bless these women with Your peace. I love them so much. Give them strength to hand over the health worries to You. Take away any pain they experience and squelch the doubts the enemy places in their minds. Remind them You are their God: the Great I AM. Nothing is impossible with You. And You use all things for good. Be with each of them at  night and grant them sweet, safe, and sound sleep. Thank You for Your presence in their lives. I am so thankful they know and love You. In Jesus' Name, amen!  Love, Boo

Don't miss my favorite arrangement of the song "The Prayer" at the end.

Prayer for endurance.

Dear Lord, I ask for grace to endure the challenge that is before me. You know I want to live. You know, I don’t want my body to change. You know, I don’t want to be sick. You also know why I must meet this challenge, why I must go down this frightening path. I want to avoid it. I want the doctors to tell me the diagnosis was wrong. I want my life back the way it was. I do not understand … But I know if I put my hand in Yours, You will guide me. You will give me courage. You will comfort me. I ask for Your grace now and forever. Amen. — Anne Thompson

Prayer for Restoration

Heavenly Father, we thank you for who you are and how you walk with us in our valleys. Thank you for entering into our pain, for sending your Son to live, breathe, and die with and for us. It says in your Word that you are near the brokenhearted and you save those who are crushed in spirit. Draw us closer to you, the Prince of Peace, as we search for answers to difficult questions. We thank you for your compassion and we plea for your healing—the restoration of bodies that suffer through the physical pain and emotional trauma of cancer. Lord, we boldly ask for breakthroughs that will lead to better treatments and the eventual eradication of the destruction caused by cancer. May you receive all the glory as you accomplish your will. In the strong name of Jesus, Amen.  Ian Lightcap  

Prayer for Comfort

God of Comfort, You shaped me in my mother’s womb and gave me the gift of life. You blessed me and made my life rich, richer than I dreamed. You made your grace and goodness realities in my life. I now ask that you extend the life that you gave me. I ask that you bless the treatments that I receive. I ask that you turn your face toward me and smile. I do not ask because I fear death, I ask because I love life. I do not ask because you are absent, I ask because you are present. I do not ask because I doubt, I ask because I believe. God of Comfort, make me whole.  Greg Sterling

Prayer For Peace- Philippians 4:7 The Message

Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Prayer for Victory

Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom! Adrian Rogers

Prayer to Dispel Fear

Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God.I will strengthen you,I will surely help you; I will hold you with my righteous strong hand. Isaiah 41:10

A scriptural prayer to battle cancer James 5:14-15, John 11:25, Psalm 46:1,10                     1 Timothy 6:15, Romans 15:13  

Lord Jesus, 

I ask for healing. You are the resurrection and the life. You will bring life even in this journey. Oh Holy One, cancer is not what I expected or planned. I feel afraid and anxious. Lord, even though I am afraid, I trust that You are my refuge and strength an ever-present help in trouble. Help me to be still and know – not just intellectually, but experientially that You are God. I know that You are sovereign and in control even when life feels out of control. You are the blessed controller of all things. Strengthen my faith, I pray. Even if cancer takes my physical body, you promise eternal life with no more death or dying. Thank You, that You are the God of hope. Fill me with hope, joy and peace as I persevere with You in this journey through cancer.


A scriptural prayer of prayer for the journey 

Father God,
You are my creator. I praise You that in this moment You understand how every cell in my body is interacting with every other cell. I praise You that You are the One who delivers me from fear. Thank You, that You are eternally faithful and infinitely good. I praise You that You promise to walk through the valley of the shadow of death with me and that I don’t have to far any evil because You are my loving Shepherd. Thank You that Your rod and your staff comfort me in this journey. I praise You that Your wisdom goes beyond any oncologist’s and that You promise that You are the giver of wisdom. Thank You, that You will give wisdom to every medical professional who is treating me. I praise You that I can trust You and relax in your loving care. As a loving Father quiets an infant with his love, so You sing over me and quiet me with Your love. I praise You that You will continue to strengthen me and make me courageous through this journey. You will never leave me nor forsake me. I can relax in Your abiding love. I love You, Lord. In Your name I pray.



12 Prayers for Chemotherapy Patients

https://connectusfund.org/12-good-prayers-for-chemotherapy-patients


Chemotherapy is a standard operating procedure for the treatment of many types of cancer. It is a difficult process that involves much suffering. Prayer for healing and recovery is one important thing you can do while you are undergoing treatment. Here are some prayers you can say to help you through and ease your suffering.

Eternal Father, please help me to not lose heart. You say that though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day. You say that “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” So, I choose to fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. I know that what is seen is temporary, and what is unseen is eternal. I choose to look to my greater reward, which is in heaven, rather than the intense chemotherapy that I am currently undergoing. Amen.
2 Corinthians 4:16-19

Lord, I place my hope in You so that my strength can be renewed. I believe that one day I will soar on wings like eagles. I will run and not grow weary. I will walk and not be faint. I put my hope in You because You see the bigger picture and I know that You will be glorified through my intense trial of chemotherapy. Help me to focus on You in this period of great suffering. Amen.
Isaiah 40:31

Blessed God, You have commanded me to be strong and courageous. It’s hard because, with chemotherapy, I don’t know if it will work, and neither do the doctors. But Lord, You know all things. Therefore, I find comfort in knowing that You are in control and You are not surprised by anything. I will not be terrified because You go with me. You will never leave me nor forsake me. Amen.
Deuteronomy 31:6

Holy God, I come to You as an individual who is weary and burdened. Chemotherapy has drained me physically, emotionally and, to an extent, even spiritually. But I come to You because in You I will find rest. I choose to take Your yoke upon me so that I will learn from You, for You are gentle and humble in heart, and I will find rest for my soul. Thank You, Father, for being the source of my rest. Amen.
Matthew 11:28-29

Dear Lord, the scripture states that You sent out Your word and healed them. You rescued them from the grave. Father, hear my cries and rescue me from the grave! I put my trust in You, but I also have hope in You that I will be saved. Chemotherapy can help me, but, Lord, it is You who will save me. It is You who can make me whole again. Have Your divine way within me so that I can be at peace once again. Amen.
Psalm 107:20

God of Creation, even the hairs on my head are all numbered by You, Lord.  You know me to my uttermost depth. I pray that You fill me with peace. I declare that I will not be afraid because I am worth more than many sparrows, and even they survive each day. Lord, I pray to You for my peace. I pray to You for my praise. I pray to You for my survival. I place my chemotherapy in Your hands. Amen.
Matthew 10:30-31

Beautiful One, today I call upon You, and I believe that You will answer me. Today, the strength of my soul will increase because You have heard and answered me. Today, I will not be drained by my chemotherapy. Today, I shall be uplifted by You in heaven. Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Thank You in advance for Your divine strength, Father. Amen.
Psalm 138:3

Blessed be the God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts me in all of my affliction, so that I may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which I myself have been comforted by God. Lord, I pray that during my chemotherapy, I will be able to comfort other patients around me with the comfort that You have given to me. Be with me, blessed Father. Amen.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Awesome God, I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Father, I know that my days are written and numbered by You. I also know that within those days You have a plan for me, and I declare that this plan will come to fruition. I pray that chemotherapy does not hinder me from what You have called me to do and to be. Amen.
Philippians 1:6

Holy God, it is within my hope in You that I am saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if I hope for what I do not see, I wait for it with patience. Father, I wait patiently for my healing from cancer. I pray that You give me divine strength to endure the race and to survive this journey. Lord, I thank You for who You are, and for all that You have done. Amen.
Romans 8:24-25

Dear Lord, I will serve You for all of my days because You are my God. I will serve You and then, as Your word tells me, You will bless my food and drink, and will remove sickness from my midst. I rejoice in advance for the removal of my sickness. I rejoice in advance for the success of my chemotherapy. I know that You are my healer, my God. I know that You are in control. Amen.
Exodus 23:25

Righteous One, I see now that You alone, are He, and that there is no god besides You. Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed. Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise. You are God alone, therefore in this time of hopelessness, I place my hope in You. Cancer and chemotherapy is a big thing, but I serve a big God who sits high and lifted up, whose train fills the temple. Amen.
Deuteronomy 32:39

The Song

" The Prayer" Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt_OkgSOrkU


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?