Attacked


Last spring, I experienced the verbal bashing of a grandchild by an adult in a public place. Yes, Mama Boo Bear stood up to this person with a calm response, but I have no desire to go back into that facility.  My sweet husband ran an errand for me a while back and received an attack on my character. The owner told him I had no appreciation for small businesses, because I had declined services after receiving a quote.  Nope, it was a service for church and we hadn't budgeted that  amount. Hmm, like either of us want to go back in there and I even have a $35 store credit.

It's as if the COVID affect won't die down. The joy is missing and it's not even a presidential election year. Jesus please come back before we go through that.

My mind flashed back with great compassion to dear friends in ministry who have endured horrible false accusations and gossip spreaders in a situation that just won't seem to be laid to rest.  Then I heard the whisper..."Why don't you look to God's Word and see how I endured persecution and character attacks."  Yup, that was Jesus.

"Be ready to give an answer and offer it with gentleness and love."  Yup, Him again.

Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.  Colossians 4:6

"My Word is for your equipping, because the attacks are coming."

Dear friends, don't be surprised or shocked that you are going through testing that is like walking through fire.  Be glad for the chance to suffer as Christ suffered. It will prepare you for even greater happiness when he makes his glorious return. Count it  blessing the you suffer for being a Christian. This shows that God's glorious Spirit is with you. 1 Peter 4:12-14

I am sure what we are suffering now cannot compare with the glory that will be shown to us.  Romans 8:18

What would Jesus do? Jesus exposed motives, Jesus applied scripture, Jesus sought peace, Jesus loved and forgave, and sometimes Jesus remained silent. You know my advice in many situations "Pray it, don't say it."

In fact, anyone who belongs to Christ Jesus and wants to live right will have trouble from others. 2 Timothy 3:12

My friends, don't be surprised if the people of this world hate you. 1 John 3:13

Everyone will hate you because of me. But if you keep on being faithful right to the end, you will be saved.          Mark 13:13

It's wise to be patient and show what you are like by forgiving others.         Proverbs 19:11

Don't try to get even. Trust the Lord, and he will help you.  Proverbs 20:22

The Song

"Fighting for You" Riley Clemons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1uxSpvsw0


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?