Overcoming Grumbling


 Our grandson said, "Look, we are an octopus!"

Yesterday we addressed grumbling. Grumbling is a sin that God does not want present in our lives.

Paul says to the Philippians- Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14

How do we do that?

Paul told the Corinthians...That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

Remembering "It's all about Jesus" really helps with our perspective in life.  Choose to see God's purpose, his presence and his power even if it is not something you asked for. Remember Romans 8:28 and Philippians 1:12

What has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.  Like the Hokey Pokey, "That's what it's all about."

My husband tells our family you can't be sad while whistling. In a similar light I say, "It's hard to grumble while praising the Lord!"

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalms 150:6

I also feel very strongly we need to live like Nehemiah, who when he saw a huge problem in the circumstances in the lives of his people he was willing to be part of the solution.

Send me to the city in Judah where my fathers are buried so that I can rebuild it. Nehemiah 2:5

The next time you have the urge to grumble and complain, ask yourself first, how can I help bring a positive solution to these circumstances.

The Song

(Maybe later today.  Running a little behind, but I'm not grumbling.)








Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?