Marching Orders #2

These two little cousins are growing quickly.

Continuing with excerpts from An the Angels Were Silent.

Max Lucado shared about when he moved his family to a new neighorhood he took his daughter on a walk to become familiar with her surroundings.  He shares that at one point he asked if she was scared by all the newness and afraid over how she would  get home,  She took his hand and said, “NO. I don’t have to know how to get home. You already do.” 

My husband often meets with individuals wanting to discuss their faith. He will ask them, "God forbid, but if you die in your sleep tonight, do you know without a doubt you will be in Heaven."  Sometimes the response is, "I hope so."  He shares the Gospel and the fact you can "Know so!"

Oh, the joy that fills my heart when I remember "I know" how to get home to my Father.

Max goes on in the book and suggest we think of all the places God led the Israelites and all he provided them. He states that they were not as trusting as the daughter in the other story.  They wanted to go back to Egypt, to what was familiar, even if that meant slavery.


The Israelites didn’t trust God’s provision. They gathered food on their own. Lucado says,  “It’s the weary who are the most reluctant to rest.”  We need to STOP.  The Sabbath is the day for 24 hours we are to rest and worship.

He gives the fabulous analogy of how some of us are living. His daughter was on her bike and yelled, “I can’t remember how to stop peddling.”  We need to remember, "When you can’t break you are headed for a crash."


Exodus 20:8-11

Remember that the Sabbath Day belongs to me. You have six days when you can do your work, but the seventh day of each week belongs to me, your God. No one is to work on that day—not you, your children, your slaves, your animals, or the foreigners who live in your towns.  In six days I made the sky, the earth, the oceans, and everything in them, but on the seventh day I rested. That's why I made the Sabbath a special day that belongs to me.


The Song

"Holy Forever" Chris Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlEEgMWwxhc





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?