Resolve

Our grandson, as King Darius, and below with his buddy, Daniel, 

in the the school musical "Daniel and the Lion's Den"

Resolve: to decided firmly on a course of action; firm determination to do something; find a solution to a problem. 

Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king's food, or with the wine that he drank. Therefore he asked the chief of the eunuchs to allow him not to defile himself.  Daniel 1:8

And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. Matthew 1:19 

In 2 Thessalonians 1:11 Paul writes: To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, 

On my birthday, a friend mailed me this resolve.  It's only possible with the Holy Spirit's control.  

A Morning Resolve

"I will try this day to live a simple, sincere and serene life, repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking; cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity and the habit of holy silence; exercising economy and expenditure, generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation, diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust and a childlike faith in God.  In particular I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating and sleeping which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right.  And as I cannot in my own strength do this, nor even with a hope of success attempt it, I look to thee, O Lord God my Father, in Jesus Christ my Savior, and ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Amen"  Author Unknown.

George Washington Carver's Resolve

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.” 

The Song

"Where Can I Go"  Ellie Holcomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb2mpkdhRHM 


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?