Familiarity

November 24
Familiarity:a state of close relationship;
one who is well acquainted with something
.
I've been walking through a dark spot with
someone who is far from their home. We
realized it might be theraputic to get
back to his roots, his homeland, where
things were more familiar. There is
such security in that position. Being raised a
southern, mountain girl; that is where I
feel secure. Now I still thrill when I
see the ocean or the palms trees of Florida,
but a comfort comes over me when I drive
back into the valley where I was raised and
can sit back and have a glass of freshly brewed
sweet tea in my hand while I take in the beauty!

Our real security is in Christ and we must
become familiar, well acquainted, in close
relationship with Him to experience the peace
and comfort He longs to provide. He knows us
and wants us to know Him!
Psalm 139:3
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.


Let's Pray: Lord, thank You for caring
enough to know us intimately. May we walk in a way each
day that we become more and more familiar with who You are
and what You are constantly doing for us. In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?