Favortism Forbidden

November 5
James 2:1-3
Favoritism Forbidden
My brothers, as believers in our glorious
Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism.
"Love your neighbor as yourself,"you are doing right.
But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted
by the law as lawbreakers. Speak and act as those
who are going to be judged by the law that gives
freedom, because judgment without mercy will be
shown to anyone who has not been merciful.
Mercy triumphs over judgment!

The ending of that passage sounds like a game of
rock, paper, scissors!
I received an email from a reader the other day
who has just endured the first year anniversary of
her precious daughter's death. It has been a blessing
to walk along side this sister in Christ this year through
email. I've never seen her face, I don't know what her
house looks like or what kind of clothes she wears, but
I do feel like I know her heart well. I told her I carry her
in my heart and the space she holds contains both sunshine
and rain/tears. The sunshine equates with the brilliant
memories she has and the rain/tears represent the the
voids that are left here on earth.

Our eyes form so many of the favoritisms we create.
If we only saw the hearts of others we would think
much differently.
We have these things in common...
We are all sinners needing to be saved by grace and
everyone who has faith in our Lord Jesus Christ will
bow before Him as Lord.

Come January we will be under the authority of many
new leaders. We must submit to that authority and
pray daily for all the leaders to have hearts for the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?