Bite Your Tongue

February 24

Oh, the speeches we ponder and rehearse in our minds!
This morning my thoughts were compounding and I was ready to give
someone a piece of my mind. My eyes had barely opened when I literally
bit my tongue. Whew, God had my attention then! Quickly, I began to
pray realizing it would be much more profitable to do just that...
"bite my tongue" than to express my feelings the way the enemy was leading.

Proverbs 15:4 says:
The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life,
but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 21:23 is likewise full of wisdom.
He who guards his mouth and his tongue
keeps himself from calamity.


On the flip side 1 John 1:1-4 speaks of what we proclaim concerning
the Word of life. Check out verses 3-4 and do a self-check on how
often you can be found sharing what you have "seen and heard" in Christ?

We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also
may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father
and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete.



Psalm 35:28
My tongue will speak of your righteousness and
of your praises all day long.


Let's Pray: Father, may we be found getting it right
today! Correct living occurs when we walk in Your perfect ways. Keep
a rein on our tongues today and may they only be found bringing words
which produce praise, healing and edification. Please Lord, forgive us
for the times they have brought pain and destruction. Today may we
tell of Your goodness and the hope we have in You. Lord, in the times
which have a tendency to be discouraging, spur us on to initiate times
of fellowship that can encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ.
In Your Son's Precious Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?