Joy Jar

February 10

Yesterday I was praying with some of the teachers at school. We had
mounds of personal concerns as well as those for the school. One
teacher said she felt like she was being hammered. As we prayed,
I asked the Lord that with each pounding we took on the head of the
nail, we would see it being used to attach us tighter and tighter
to Christ who had some experience with being hammered himself.

We all agreed that finding our joy is a choice. Later in the
morning I was sharing with my class that I had prayed with the
teachers for us to be able to reach for our "joy jars" in time
of need. One young man asked me what I kept in a joy jar...I
explained, "The Holy Spirit!"

Another young man raised his hand with sincere concern for his
old teacher. "Mrs. Boo," he asked, "do you know what a joy jar
is? You might not want to be saying that." LOL Now this is a
born and raised Franklin County boy and this county has been
known for years as the Moonshine Capital of the World. I am
guessing he was referring to "joy juice." My husband laughingly
said, "I guess for you, Boo, that would be "Boo's (booze) Juice."

My question for you today is simple...What's in your jar?
I pray that it is Jesus, through the Holy Spirit that fills you
up today.

Be joyful always!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?