Turn Around Time

February 12

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming
conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that
of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.
—Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln learned the attitude of Christ...falling on His knees
and calling out to the Father.

What is our turn around time? How long does it take before we turn to
the One who has the answers?

I was having lunch with some friends yesterday and we were talking
about seeking answers. I remembered when I was a child there were
these black balls you could shake and an answer would come up. My
girl friend laughed saying hers often said, "Try again!" I suggested
we create one of those balls with Bible verses. One of the gals with
me thought that was a great idea. She said, "Enough shakes and you are
certain to come up with a scripture that would give you God's answer!"

God always has an answer (sometimes "wait", sometimes even "no"). The
question for us is how much time does it take for us to turn to Him?

Let's Pray: This is the day, this is the day, that You,
Lord, have made, that You, Lord, have made. We will rejoice, we will
rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it. Forgive us when we wander,
trying to find our own way; may our recall come quickly that You are the
way! We love You Lord and turn to You now. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?