Longings

April 14

What a word! We long to be loved and to be needed. Peace, rest,
happiness are longings of our hearts. To know God's will, be pleasing
in His sight and see the Lord rank up high on my list of longings.

Paul often longed for his fellow disciples in Christ.
Romans 1:11
I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you.

I just wrote an email to my summer Bible Study group and it was filled with
the longing to be together with them once again.

2 Timothy 1:4
Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.

There really are no secret longings before the Lord.
Psalm 38:9
All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.

When the road got rough David was quick to express his honest longings.
Psalm 61:4
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Psalm 119:40
How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness.

And the hope of heaven creates a longing for the everlasting life which
awaits us!

Psalm 119:81
My soul faints with longing for your salvation,
but I have put my hope in your word.


2 Corinthians 5:1-3
Our Heavenly Dwelling
1Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

There are many of you who have been longing for college acceptance letters
these past weeks. The decisions are in. I pray today that you can trust
that God has opened the doors to the best places for you and that for those
of you who have choices to make you will consider the place where God can
grow you best in His ways. Check out the Christian fellowship opportunities!

More to come...I know my boss (my husband) longs for me to be at school
on time!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?