What are we doing here?

April 16
Yesterday, I came home from a full day of work and sat down to attempt
more school work only to fall asleep reading a young adult novel. I awakened
alone in my living room around 6PM and my thought was: "What am I doing
here?" For so many years my life's purpose was raising children. There
always was someone to feed, tote around, or even move to college!
Waking up to a quiet house and no demands (ok, my husband did want
dinner, but even offered to fix it himself) I had this feeling my purpose
was complete and there was nothing more.
Somewhere in that deep sleep I forgot we are trying to train up 20
young students at The Academy and praying God will send us 100 more!

My God is faithful and He spoke to me this morning, putting me in my place
shall we say, through both that still small whisper in my ear and several devotionals reminding me we are here to serve Him. Simple reminders!
From John Oglivie:
Help me to see every task today as an opportunity to serve You. May I
commit my every action to You so that You may use it as You wish. Make
this a productive day not for my own sake, but for Your glory's sake.


From God calling:
God is using you in marvelous ways. Go on gladly. You will see.
Obey My commands!
Never feel inadequate for any task. All work here is accomplished by
My Spirit, and that can flow through the most humble and lowly. It
simply needs an unblocked channel. Rid yourself of self and all is well.


Hearts eager to do My Will send out a call that ever I find irresistible.

Now check this out and may your joy be complete and bring about a chuckle as
it did for me as I recognized how incredibly personal our Father is. He knows
our thoughts before we think them and even puts the answers we need in print!

From Oglivie on April 16th in his book "Quiet Moments with God"

Because I am here to please You in all that I do, my hope is that at the end
of this day I will hear Your voice sounding in my soul,
"Well, done, good and faithful servant."


And all God's people said, "Amen" and got about His business!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?