My God Speaks- My Heart is Steadfast

October 31

It's true! Just as the disciples knew what they knew about Jesus, we too have real life experiences with Him today! While these "Godincidences" thrill our hearts personally, we need to speak up and tell of His goodness to others.
Yesterday morning the day was looking rough by 5:30AM.God had laid a new project on my heart and I was scrambling to find a scrap of paper on which to jot the message. A few phone calls and emails later I called out to the Lord..
"Something has to give here!"
Posting the daily devotional, I decided to skip my shower. Putting half a chunk of bread, from dinner the night before, and a bunch of grapes in my lunch bag I ran out the door without ever sitting quietly before the Lord. By the time I returned home at 4PM I found myself longing to be with Jesus.

Opening Quiet Moments with God I laughed out loud.
There was my personal message from the Lord!
O God, my heart is steadfast. Psalm 57:7
May God speak to you today. Enjoy Ogilvie's devotional.

"Lord of time, may I not be distracted from what's important today by the tyranny of the urgent. Help me prioritize the demands of this day. Give me the courage to live on what You will show me is on Your agenda for today. May I deem urgent only what glorifies You, brings me into deeper relationship with You, and serves the needs of people. My desire is to live with an inner serenity about the pressures of the day. Carry me in the currents of Your Spirit. Rather than thrashing about to keep afloat, free me to float uplifted by the blessed buoyancy of Your power. Guide me through the rocks in the river, some of which are hidden beneath the surface.

Lord, I want to be an inner-directed person rather than one who is pulled in all directions. Make me so secure in You that I will have the courage to discover and do Your will. Give me courage to say no to some things and yes to others on the basis of Your guidance in my mind and heart.

Lord, I press on to this day with my only concern being that I might miss Your best in the busy schedule of the day. So, now in this quiet moment, quiet any dissonance in me, overcome any resistance in my will, and fill any emptiness in my heart. Living this day to the fullest is part of a life lived at full potential."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?