Retreat to a Retreat

October 28
The momentum was mounting, the Lord was turning an ordinary day into an extraordinary day spiritually. The example of how real He is unfolded yesterday through a poem He gave me and escalated with an amazing confirmation through the
lyrics of a song on the way to school. I believe the song was called "Pretend Not to See Her." The students were a contemplative captive audience and I prayed that someone would "get it" and God would speak to them and show them where He was at work that very day and how they could join him.
Then BAM, WHAM, POW...the enemy approached, pushed the right buttons, taking me
off guard, and the moment was shattered.
Fortunately, I had to leave and go to a funeral. God allowed me to retreat from the battlefield and attend a retreat in the form of a funeral. One of my favorite songs, "I Know My Redeemer Lives" was sung and I recognized the battle which had just been waged. Returning to the classroom, where the bomb had been dropped, I was able to approach the pawn the enemy had used and pray with him.
Recognizing the battle is half the battle.
Retreating and believing God is a forgiving God and allows New Starts is what gets us on our feet again.

God's Word Makes Me Smile
Get High with the Most High!

God is our Retreat!

God, my strength, my stronghold, my safe retreat when trouble descends.
Jeremiah 16:19

I run for dear life to God, I'll never live to regret it. Do what you do so well: get me out of this mess and up on my feet. Put your ear to the ground and listen, give me space for salvation. Be a guest room where I can retreat; you said your door was always open! You're my salvation—my vast, granite fortress.
Psalm 71:1


Can Misrule have anything in common with you? Can Troublemaker pretend to be on your side? They ganged up on good people, plotted behind the backs of the innocent. But God became my hideout, God was my high mountain retreat, Then boomeranged their evil back on them: for their evil ways he wiped them out, our God cleaned them out for good.
Psalm 94:20

I hate the two-faced, but I love your clear-cut revelation. You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me. Get out of my life, evildoers, so I can keep my God's commands.

Psalm 119:113

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?