Bull's Eye

January 16-17

Looking across my bedroom this morning, the round white matting on a series of botanical prints caught my eye and my first thought was "bull's eye". Clueless to how that could play into a devotional I went on with my personal Bible study.
The first verse I came across was Galatians 5:16, so I went to Biblegateway to look it up and there, staring me in the face on the home page was....you guessed it...bull's eye!
Galatians 5:16
So I say, live by the Spirit,
and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.


Just as it takes great intent and precision to hit the center of a target, it takes intentional living to live by the Spirit. He's not a pushy person, but always ready to help when approached.

The preceding verses in Galatians chapter five are full of "this is how to live tips" which coincide with the life lived by the Spirit.

13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Funny...glancing out onto the lake it looked as if two men were walking on water right in front of our dock. Now that is living by the Spirit. (They were fisher men standing in a very low boat, using a trolling motor!)

You are our Mighty Warrior!
Bring on the peaceful living this weekend Lord!
Help our words and actions to be on target with how Jesus would live!
In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?