Make the World Go Around

January 15
There is a mysterious exchange which takes place in the early dawning moments of each morning in our cove, just yards away from our boat house. My bathroom window gives me an excellent vantage point. Whether the creatures are muskrats or beavers, I cannot be for sure, but if I could see beneath the water I believe I would see them shaking hands (paws, excuse me)as they pass by one another. Swimming from opposite shorelines they meet in the middle of the cove, swim around together for a few moments (exchanging either pleasantries or more likely details of the project on which they are working...please Lord may it not involve eating the floaters beneath our docks). Ha! It would be most appropriate if they each wore hard hats and swam with lunch boxes!

Ecclesiastes 4:9
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:

These critters are obviously involved in team work. They are changing shifts, so the other can get some shut eye. The International team work which is evident in Haiti right now is quite uplifting. The helping hand we offer to one another spurs one another on to good deeds. We need to pray for the protection of not only the residents, but the volunteers whom are putting themselves in harms way. One of the first reports I heard spoke of hundreds gathering in streets and singing hymns.
My immediate thought was of missionaries which God has in place for such a time as this.
The mother of one of my students comes in and has lunch with my class on Thursdays, so I can leave one day a week and go to the grocery store, run my own personal errands and sometimes have time to spur on a friend myself.
That time is such a gift!Four other ladies come into school regularly each week to invest in the lives of our students through their volunteer hours. They are such an integral part of the school being the hand of Christ.
Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

Being willing to accept assistance before burn out occurs is a hurtle which has to be crossed for many. Often we think it is easier to just do "it" all ourselves, but we miss the fabulous focus of fellowship and the terrific technique of training others which helps make the world go around!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?