Opportunity

January 27-28

Sorry I was missing in action yesterday. One of our sons came home Monday night and surprised me, bring a precious new girlfriend, whom we had never met along!
I tried to squeeze too much into a 24 hour period!
Opportunity is a word which has been popping up in my life the past four days in various ways. You know, one of those confirmations God is speaking to you.
I am rushing frantically to get to school on time, but wanted to share a taste of what I've been experiencing. Here is a definition of opportunity.
Opportunity:a favorable juncture of circumstances
Notes from a sermon I heard Sunday are below and there she is...good ole "opportunity".
Then yesterday the mother of a student at our school sent me a wonderful card of encouragement and on the front was a quote about...yes, "opportunity" and this verse: Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

Yesterday afternoon was unusual. I thought I might slip out of school by 3:00, but a variety of people had some huge prayer needs and I ended up with people until 8PM.
Praying with one young man, the Lord once again gave me the word "opportunity" and took me to:
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Colossians 4:5
Actually, it is the perfect verse for three of the totally different obstacles people I was prayign with were facing.

It makes me what to jump, shout, scream Jesus is what it's all about!
He is the real deal!

The sermon I referred to was entitled: "Five Purposes of the Church"
1) Worship-Love the Lord your God
2) Ministry - Love your neighbor
3) Evangelism- Winning people to Christ
4) Connection - Love one another
5)Discipleship- Teach people to obey.

Some quotes which really stuck with me are listed below.
"Look at everybody as an opportunity to invest in."
"Human beings are not enemies they are opportunities. "
(Remember who the real enemy is.)
"Pray for the Lord to make us dangerous because of the way we love."
"When you attach yourself to Jesus you become a life giving source."

Oh my, I am late to school. PLEASE don't tell my boss! :)

Carter Crenshaw is the minister at West End Community Church in Nashville, TN. His podcasts can be heard at www.westendcommunitychurch.org
He was our daughter's minister for 11 years and came here preside over her marriage 2 1/2 years ago. He preaches a power packed message ladled with love!

We are expecting a snow storm this weekend, so maybe I will have more time with you.
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?